Our Brothers and Sisters in 290 are in need of manpower. They have about 20-30 calls coming in a week for fitters and welders. If anyone is interested in traveling to 290 for work please contact a LU26 Business Agent, or the Dispatcher to help assist you with this.
Below is some more information regarding the process as well as drug screening, background checks and wages.
Script for manpower calls
- A bio must be sent to Local 290 showing that the members’ dues are paid through the current month in which we receive it.
- Until the new Travel Card system is in place, a hard copy of the members’ travel card must be on file in order to be on our out-of-work list.
- The member will be required to take the 290 Orientation in order to receive a dispatch to work. It must be completed within 30 days of the travel card being deposited. If the member has previously taken the class then they will not be required to repeat it. These are currently held on Fridays at 9:00. Reservations for the class can be made by calling the Training Center at (503) 691-1997.
- The member will need to have two (2) pieces of current and valid ID.
- Intel performs an extensive background check going back 7 years that includes any probationary periods. Questions regarding background can be answered by calling Intel at (480)715-4275 or emailing them firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Detailers, Orbital Welders, Tube Benders Etc. will be required to take a competency test that is given by the contractor at the time of hire in order to prove their skills.
Detailers should know how to calculate the takeoff of mitered fittings and how to figure out rolling offsets in order to pass the test.
- The drug test that is given is very sensitive to alcohol. We have sent travel cards back for people failing a pre-employment test because of alcohol due to drinking the night before. Please wait until after your hiring is complete.
- There is no per diem for the Intel project.
- Our wage is $43.82 on the check and total package is $72.40.
- This Base Build is scheduled to wrap up in October With a major Tool install project to follow.